The DWRF Kristin Safran College Scholarship
The Drinking Water Research Foundation (DWRF) created the Kristin Safran College Scholarship to honor the memory of former IBWA Board of Directors member Kristin Safran. This year, two applicants will be selected to each receive a $4,000 scholarship.
Applications must be submitted to DWRF by August 1, 2022 and will be reviewed anonymously. The award recipient will be chosen by a vote of a Selection Committee chaired by Kristin’s husband, Russ Safran.
The application can be found here
DWRF Kristin Safran College Scholarship:
- Two students will be selected for a $4,000 scholarship, each to be awarded $1,000 per year for four years.
- Children and grandchildren of IBWA member company employees
- Must be graduating their high school class in 2022
Criteria for High School Seniors (Note: All items listed below must be submitted):
- Completion of the entire Application Form.
- Copy of letter of acceptance from an accredited undergraduate two-year or four-year college/university (applicants who will be attending a two-year college/university must be planning to transfer to a four-year college/university).
- Ranks in the top 20% of their class for the current school year or proof of academic excellence. Submit a high school transcript.
- Letter of recommendation (sealed and official or emailed directly from the email address of the person providing the recommendation)
- August 1, 2022 (all materials must be postmarked by this date)
Application, transcripts and letter of recommendation submitted directly to DWRF headquarters via e-mail or mail:
email: Al Lear, [email protected]
mail: Kristin Safran College Scholarship
c/o Drinking Water Research Foundation (DWRF)
1700 Diagonal Road, Suite 650
Alexandria, VA 22314
Phone: (703) 683-5213