The DWRF Kristin Safran College Scholarship
The Drinking Water Research Foundation (DWRF) created the Kristin Safran College Scholarship to honor the memory of former IBWA Board of Directors member Kristin Safran.
Applications must be submitted to DWRF by July 30, 2019 and will be reviewed anonymously. The award recipient will be chosen by a vote of a Selection Committee chaired by Kristin’s husband, Russ Safran. The award winner will be announced on or about September 30, 2019.
The Application can be found here
DWRF Kristin Safran College Scholarship:
- $4,000 scholarship, to be awarded as $1,000 per year for four years.
- IBWA members’ employees as well as children/grandchildren of members’ employees.
- High school senior or graduate who has not yet attended a college or university
- Ranks in the top 20% of his or her class for the current school year or proof of academic excellence
- Plans to attend an accredited undergraduate two-year or four-year college/university.
- July 30, 2019
Application, transcripts and letter of recommendation submitted directly to DWRF headquarters via e-mail or mail:
email: Linda Alfakir, [email protected]
mail: Kristin Safran College Scholarship
c/o Drinking Water Research Foundation (DWRF)
1700 Diagonal Road, Suite 650
Alexandria, VA 22314
Phone: (703) 683-5213
Fax: (703) 683-4074