The DWRF Kristin Safran College Scholarship
The Drinking Water Research Foundation (DWRF) created the Kristin Safran College Scholarship to honor the memory of former IBWA Board of Directors member Kristin Safran.
High school seniors or graduates who have not yet attended a college or university who are ranked in the top 20 percentile of their class in high academic standing who are the children or grandchildren of an IBWA member employees’ and plan to enroll in a full-time accredited educational institution of higher learning are eligible to apply for the annual scholarship award. DWRF will apply the award to tuition expenses over four years. Applications must be submitted to DWRF by June 30, 2019 and will be reviewed anonymously and the award recipient will be chosen by a vote of a Selection Committee chaired by Kristin’s husband, Russ Safran.
DWRF Kristin Safran College Scholarship:
- Annual scholarship of $1,000 each year for four years.
- June 30, 2019
- On or about September 30, 2019 (applicants will be notified of selection via email)
Application, transcripts and letter of recommendation submitted directly to DWRF headquarters:
Kristin Safran College Scholarship
c/o Drinking Water Research Foundation (DWRF)
1700 Diagonal Road, Suite 650
Alexandria, VA 22314
Ph: (703) 683-5213
Fax: (703) 683-4074
Receipt of Application Confirmation:
- DWRF will provide a receipt via email to indicate that an application has been received and is being reviewed for consideration.
- IBWA members’ employees as well as children/grandchildren of members’ employees.
- Criteria for High School Senior:
- Completion of the entire Application Form
- High school senior or graduate who has not yet attended a college or university
- Ranks in the top 20% of his or her class for the current school year or proof of academic excellence
- Copy of letter of acceptance from an accredited undergraduate institution. Applicant must plan to attend an accredited undergraduate two-year or four-year college/university.
- High School transcript
Applicants may apply by completing the DWRF Kristin Safran College Scholarship application available by clicking here.