The DWRF Kristin Safran College Scholarship Award
The Drinking Water Research Foundation (DWRF) created the Kristin Safran College Scholarship to honor the memory of former IBWA Board of Directors member Kristin Safran.
High school seniors ranked in the top 20 percentile of their class in high academic standing who are the children or grandchildren of an IBWA member employees’ and plan to enroll in a full-time accredited educational institution of higher learning are eligible to apply for the annual $3,000 scholarship award. DWRF will apply the award to tuition expenses for up to one year. Applications must be submitted to DWRF by June 30, 2017 and will be reviewed anonymously and the award recipient will be chosen by a vote of a Selection Committee chaired by Kristin’s husband, Russ Safran.
DWRF Kristin Safran College Scholarship:
- $3,000 annual scholarship awarded to one recipient.
- June 30, 2017
- On or about September 30, 2017 (applicants will be notified of selection via mail and/or email)
- Application/transcripts and letter of recommendation submitted directly to DWRF headquarters:
- Kristin Safran College Scholarship
- c/o Drinking Water Research Foundation (DWRF)
- 1700 Diagonal Road, Suite 650
- Alexandria, VA 22314
- Ph: (703) 683-5213
- Fax: (703) 683-4074
Receipt of Application Confirmation:
- DWRF will provide a receipt via email to indicate that an application has been received and reviewed for consideration.
- IBWA members’ employees as well as children/grandchildren of members’ employees.
Criteria for High School Senior:
- Completion of the entire Application Form
- Ranks in the top 20% of his or her class for the current school year or proof of academic excellence
- Copy of letter of acceptance from an accredited undergraduate two-year or four-year college/university (applicants who will be attending a two-year college/university must be planning to transfer to a four-year college/university)
- High School transcript
Applicants may apply by completing the DWRF Kristin Safran College Scholarship Fund application available by clicking here.